Frequently Asked Questions

Where is Hills Street Sports Medicine?

Hills Street Sports Medicine Centre is located at 1 Hills St Gosford. It is on the corner of Hills and Beane St. It is only a short walk from Gosford Station, thus catching public transport is not an issue. For more detailed instructions please ask our reception staff who will be able to assist you.

How much Physiotherapy will I require?

This varies considerably on a case by case basis and is something that should be discussed with your physiotherapist. In some instances, it may simply be a matter of an assessment and some simple treatment and advice. In other cases, a longer and more thorough course of treatment is required.

How do I make an appointment with one of the Orthopaedic Surgeons that consult at Hills Street?

All appointments for orthopaedic consultation are taken by their own reception staff. Please contact our reception staff at Hills Street and they can give you the appropriate phone number required. Please note that a referral from your GP is required.

Do we accept Workers Compensation and Third Party Claims?

All workers compensation and third party claims are accepted and are treated just like private patients. As mentioned previously a referral from your doctor is required and approval must be gained from your insurance company. If you are unsure of this please call our reception staff.

Is Exercise Physiology covered under my health fund?

These days it is becoming common practice for health funds to cover exercise physiology. This will vary significantly with both the fund you are in and your level of cover. We are able to swipe your health fund card, and the gap payment must be made at the time of the session. It is highly recommended that you call your health fund to enquire about your cover for exercise physiology.

How do I book in for Physiotherapy?

Simply call one of our friendly reception staff on 02 4323 2421 and they can arrange a time that suits. Your initial assessment and treatment session will usually take a little over an hour. Appointments can also be made via this website.

How do I book in for Exercise Physiology?

If you are a current physiotherapy patient simply speak to your physiotherapist about your suitability and appropriate timing for referral across to the Exercise Physiologist.


If you are not a current patient and are interested then simply contact our reception staff. They will usually book you in for a one hour, one on one, personal assessment prior to beginning your program.


If you are a workers compensation or third party covered patient approval must first be gained from your insurance company.


If you are a veteran affairs patient then a referral from your doctor is required, on a D904 form.

Is Physiotherapy covered through Medicare or through my Private Head Fund?

On most occasions, physiotherapy is covered under your private health cover, under the extras bracket. How much you are covered for is dependent on your health fund and your level of cover. If you have a health fund card you can swipe this at the time of payment and simply pay the gap (amount not covered by your fund).

On occasions, physiotherapy can be covered under medicare through the Team Care Arrangement (TCA) scheme. This will cover you for up to five treatment sessions per year and can also be used for Exercise Physiology. This is usually for chronic conditions and is something that you need to talk to your doctor about.

Do I need a referral for Physiotherapy?

In most instances, you do not need a referral for physiotherapy. However, if you are a workers compensation, third party or veteran affairs patient, then a referral from your doctor is required. If you are claiming a rebate back from Medicare, through the Team Care Arrangement (TCA), then a referral, as well as a care plan, is required from your doctor.

I am not sure if my injury is appropriate for Physiotherapy?

If you are unsure if your injury is appropriate for physiotherapy please call our reception staff and ask to speak to one of the physiotherapists. If the physiotherapist feels that another course of action is necessary, such as referral to an orthopaedic surgeon, then they may be able to assist in making arrangements.

Scroll to Top